Manual therapy by Cyriax
Cyriax is an internationally recognized orthopedic manual method comprising of diagnostic and therapeutic treatment of joints and soft tissue.
Successfully removes problems with musculo-skeletal system, a cosequence of injuries or deformation of muscles, tendons, ligaments and cartilage.
Before every treatment, physiotherapist performs a diagnostic by this method and estimates state of his client with anamnesis and Cyriax tests.
After diagnosis, physiotherapist is choosing the most effective therapeutic procedure using the following techniques:
- Transverse friction
- Mobilization of joints
- Manipulation of joints
- Traction of joints
Indications for Cyriax manual therapy are injuries and diseases of musculo-skeletal system and soft tissue:
- Problems with tendons
- Arthritis of the shoulder joint
- Overuse injuries (tennis elbow, racing knee)
- Sprained ankle
- Free bodies in the joint
- Protrusion and bulging of the disc
- Restricted movements of the spine
- Restricted movements after surgery due to arthrosis and/or adhesions after immobilization
- Injury to the meniscus and ligaments